Wednesday 11 September 2013

The first few weeks

This week our little Devon is three weeks old!


For the first few days, he was a little wrinkled pink thing, who didn't do much more than sleep and feed. Now he is getting chubbier and bigger and more alert by the day, and looking so much more like Nick! His beautiful long hair is now starting to come through blond at the roots too!


Looking after Devon is pretty demanding! Although I think we are mostly getting enough sleep (albeit in broken chunks), as I've decided to breastfeed it's mostly down to me to cope with the regular nightfeeds. Devon and I seem to be getting the hang of it though, and we have invested in a pump so Nick can feed Devon every now and then.

Nick's back at work this week, and I'm really missing him being around! I'm quickly becoming used to drinking my tea cold and eating my lunch one handed. But in only three weeks Nick's parents are coming to stay and Nick is taking three weeks holiday so we are all looking forward to that.


I've already been acclimatising him to the outside by taking him for walks around the garden. He loves looking at the trees contrasted against the sky and the bird songs seem to soothe him, all good signs because I'm sure it won't be long before we take him on his first camping trip!


(We are using a really cool app called 23snaps to regularly record and share pictures of Devon with friends and family around the world. It's like Instagram for baby pics. If you would like be included in the (almost) daily updates, then please let Nick or I have your email address and we will send you a invite).

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...