Thursday 21 November 2013

Devon at 3 Months

Here's some photos of Devon who is now 3 months old! *Apparently* it gets easier after 3 months! We'll see!


Devon is a gorgeous little boy, and mostly all smiles now (getting a smile for the camera is like getting blood out of a stone though).

He does wear me out during the day as he needs a lot of attention and stimulation at the moment. He's also not too keen on the day naps, which makes him cranky in the evenings sometimes and doesn't give me any breaks!



Because I'm not going back to work anytime soon, I haven't tried to impose any kind of routine on Devon. But I think he is slowly working out his own routine. Bedtime is always once the sun has set, about 7-8pm, and he's awake around 5-6am (with the sunrise). He's still waking 1-3 times a night but is normally quick to resettle. I am a strict 'sleep when the baby sleeps' follower so those are my hours too!




I'm still breastfeeding, which seems easy now and I can't see any reason why we won't carry on. Anyway Devon is still refusing a bottle or dummy! I'm happy Devon gets to be breastfed, as there is no question it is best for him. But I am sad Nick doesn't get that bonding experience with him from sharing feeds. And it would be nice to be able to slip away for some yoga and me time every now and again!



Since Nick's parents went home and Nick went back to work, I've had the luxury of my own car so Devon and I have been going out and about more.

We have started attending a mother & baby group on a Thursday. It's fun meeting other new mums but I can't help notice how easy going some other babies are - sitting in their mums laps quietly for 2 hours! Devon gets bored and starts fussing within ten minutes! I reckon it must be a sign of intelligence, needing so much stimulation!

I've also become one of those mums who frequents shopping centres during the day - I get to walk up and down for some exercise and it's air-conditioned and out of the sun. And if Devon plays up and fusses he is by no means the only baby crying in there!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...