Tuesday 9 July 2013

Baby shower

A baby shower was one of those events, like a wedding day, that I was sure I could live without.

However, my Mum and her friend Jo had other ideas.

Last Sunday we spent the morning at Maddison Cottage tearooms in Guildford (WA, not Hampshire) celebrating the impending arrival of this little wriggler inside me, with some of the lovely ladies I have met since arriving in Australia.

Cake and tea are pretty much my favourite things right now so it was actually a perfect way for me to spend a morning! The tearooms had a huge tea selection, homemade sandwiches and cakes and everything served in pretty teapots and cups.

We played a couple of games including guessing the circumference of my belly (I think everyone overestimated - thanks) and everyone brought baby books as gifts. All in all a lovely morning and I am indebted to Mum and Jo for all they did.










(I love this picture Jo took of me reaching to grab the first sandwich while everyone else is still ooo-ing and ahh-ing over the spread and taking photos. Food has become a serious matter to me!)



My due date is a mere six weeks away now so we are getting pretty excited around here!




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...